3.09.2009

COOKIE STEALER

Today I went to the grocery store. I am not a huge fan of going to the store with my 2 boys as it is, but today was worse than usual. Mason wanted to get in the massive cart that doubles as a car that I can't stear and the last time I let him get in one I took out the entire cereal aisle. I refused to let him this time and he proceeded to throw a fit. I told him that I would get him a cookie if he would stop crying. He stopped immediately. I went over to the bakery and picked out a carton of shamrock sugar cookies and secretly gave him one. It's not stealing if you are planning to buy, right? Well, I get to the check out and get all the bags in the cart and take out my debit card and swipe, and swipe, and swipe again. Nothing. I look down and notice that I am trying to swipe my library card and then notice that my debit card is not in my wallet. I look at the checker and say. "Oh Crap, I took out my debit card over the weekend and forgot to put it back in my wallet". I ask her if they will hold my groceries while I run home to get my card. I won't be longer then 15 minutes tops. She looks at me wierd and then looks at Mason. There is little Mason with green sprinkles all over his face and he has a shamrock cookie in each hand. Oh great. she thinks I am trying to steal cookies now. Well, she did let me run home and I was back in 10 minutes as promised. It was a little embarrasing and I probably won't open stuff until I get it home now. I learned my lesson.

5 comments:

Jewels said...

That's hilarious! Colby ususally eats an entire meal while we grocery shop. By the time we're done I need to go back and get more food! :)

Ashley said...

That is so funny! I am so sorry! I am entering those days again!

Jodi said...

Oh my word I would have died! That is hilarious.

The Moore Family said...

I am laughing so hard! I can totally see mason with cookies in both hands and sprinkles all over his face! Love and miss you guys so much!

Jason and Heidi said...

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry but that is sooo funny! As much as I'm looking forward to being a mom, I can wait for the temper tantrums in grocery stores. :) Miss ya Allison!

Who's Visited since September 2008