1.29.2010

Reminder

Today I am feeling like I need to remind myself how much I have to be grateful for. I have days sometimes when I feel sorry for myself and I feel like I need a major pep talk. So here goes:

Here are some everyday things that make me smile and remind me that I have a good life:

-My boys that sleep in until 9:00 every morning
-Listening to Dillon talk & play in his crib until I go and get him, he is so patient
-Dillon's smile when I go get him out of his crib in the morning
-How Mason likes to snuggle with me for at least 20 minutes every morning on the couch until he really wakes up
-When Mason asks for "Better Toast" for breakfast and I know exactly what he means, (Toast that is not burned with the crust cut off)in case you were wondering
-How Dillon won't eat anything for breakfast unless it's off Mason's plate. :)
-How Dillon likes to run around naked and Mason likes to have his clothes on.
-How Dillon copies everything Mason does
-How Dillon loves to brush his teeth and especially likes to spit in the sink
-How Mason and Dillon love to take baths and love to get their heads dunked in the water
-How all the neighbor kids love Mason and think he is fun to play with no matter their ages.
-How Mason knows how to push my buttons and likes to test my limits.
-When Mason does something wrong he always says" Mom, you are not mad at me anymore?"
-How strong willed Dillon is and how he can hold his own against Mason.
-How Dillon was so strong when he was born despite all that was against him and came out a strong and healthy boy.
-Cameron who puts a bottle in Dillon's crib before he goes to work so I don't have to.
-Cameron who works harder than anyone I know to provide for us.
-Cameron who loves me no matter what, always puts me first and is the only one that really understands me.
-A Mom who will be there for me in a second, and who makes me feel like I am doing a good job at being a Mom.
-A Mom who takes care of herself and who has taught me that exercising and taking care of yourself is important.
-A Dad who is the greatest, funniest, goofiest Dad in the world. We can make eachother laugh like no one else can.
-A Dad who is a great example of love, honesty, hard work, honoring his priesthood, and the list could go on and on
- Sisters who I could not live without. We are all so different but are always there for eachother. I love each one for a different reason
-A sister Amanda who can make friends like no one I have ever seen. She is so accepting of others no matter what. She is one of the strongest person I know. She is beautiful and has taught me so much.
- Abbey who is the most driven, determined, talented girl I know. She has influenced me so much and I hope that I can be like her one day.
- Amelia who is so much fun to be around and is so real. What you see is what you get with her and I love her for that.
-A brother Garrett, who I look up to so much. He has always been there for me and even though we have our differences sometimes, I know that he will always love me.
-Sister in laws who are amazing! I have grown to love them as much as my own sisters.
-In-Laws who have let us live with them for the last 2 years and who have been so great. They are truly amazing for putting up with us, and I am so glad my boys have been able to get so close to them.
- A best friend Brittany who I know will always be my best friend no matter how long we go without seeing eachother. I always look forward to talking on the phone with her. She is a real true friend. I love her so much. We have so much history and she will never get rid of me!
-My boys who I can't remember what life was like without them and don't ever want to. They are truly the reason I get up in the morning and have taught me patience & unconditional love. They are so fun and I love them so much.
-Again, for Cam who is the best! I have known him for about 18 years and knew from the 9th grade that I was going to marry him. I have not regretted it and know that we have so much to look forward to together.

So there you have it. My little reminder and pep talk. Okay I feel better!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love your post. It helps to look at the great things of life even when things get hard. Your awsome

Laurie said...

I am glad that I read that blog. I'm going to copy you tomorrow.

Who's Visited since September 2008