6.25.2008

A Set Back..




Just thought that I would update on Dillon's progress. Dillon was doing so great, we were very optimistic about possibly bringing him home the end of this week. Monday afternoon I went up to visit him. I got to give him a bath and dress him for the first time. I was changing his diaper and there was blood in his stools. The nurse looked concerned right away, and I could tell that she didn't want to scare me. They sent it away for some tests and told me that they would call me with the results. I really wasn't thinking too much of it. I got a call on Monday night around 10:00 saying that they were transporting Dillon up to Primary Children's Hospital because they found an infection in his intestines, it's called Necrotizing Enterocolitis. I guess it is an infection that only preemies get. Basically he couldn't be treated anymore at LDS and he needed to be where they could give him the care that he needs. Cameron went up and gave him a blessing and rode over to PCMC in the ambulance with little Dillon. We are hopeful that they caught it early enough that there won't be any major complications. They have him on antibiotics and they do x-rays on his tummy every 6 hours to check on the infection. They don't want it to spread into his bloodstream. It has been very overwhelming for us. He will probably be there for at least 3 weeks if everything goes well. He has been responding well to the treatment and we are very hopeful that he will make a full recovery. Just keep little Dillon in your prayers!! Thanks for all the phone calls and concern for Dillon. We know he will pull through! Here are some recent pictures of our baby boy.

11 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey - I just want you to know that I'm thinking about you, Cam and Dillon. I love you guys and if I can help out with Mason let me know.

Trish said...

Hey guys - you are in our thoughts and prayers! Hang in there! We love ya! And...he is SOOO Cute :)

hzaby said...

All of you are in our thoughts and prayers. He is so precious. It is so hard to have children in the hospital. Love ya lots

DeRose Family said...

I just got back in town and found out little Dillon is here! Another beautiful baby boy - CONGRATS my friend! You have a lot of people thinking and praying for you right now. All my love . . .

Kelie said...

What a cutie! Hang in there! You are all in our prayers! keep us updated!

Kelly said...

You guys are in our prayers. Stay positive! Thanks for the update.

GAYLE said...

Oh, that bottom picture of Dillon with his eyes open is so sweet. I'm so sorry he is having to go through so much in his first days here on earth. By the way, do you know how close I live to Primary Children's Hospital? Please please please let me tend Mason!!! We could have so much fun together.

Brittany said...

We love you guys and are so sorry that little Dillon has to go through all of this. He is such a fighter already and will beat this no problem. We will always keep you in our prayers.

Dash Of Sass said...

you guys are so strong. keep the faith! heavenly father will be with you and your little Dillon! we love you guys! let me know what we can do to help! love you !

CA said...

Oh Allison, I'm sorry! I can't imagine what you guys are going through! Of course we're praying for you and thinking about you every day! Dillon is so precious-
Call me if I can do anything to help. I love you guys!

Marci said...

We are sending positive thoughts and love your way.

Who's Visited since September 2008