7.31.2008

The Best Day





45 Days, 90 trips to the hospital & lots of tears and smiles the day came when we got to bring our sweet boy Dillon home. I got a call yesterday morning at 9:00 saying that we could come and get him at 12:00. We were so excited, and a little anxious. Well, 24 hours later I can say that I haven't wiped the smile off my face, except maybe this morning at 3:00AM. :) He has been such an angel, and we are so happy to have him home. Mason has been such a great big brother. He patted Dillon's head all the way home yesterday, and wants to be involved in every part of taking care of him. We are so happy to finally be together as a family. We are so grateful for all of the prayers, phone calls, gifts & concern from everyone. We haven't had to pay for a gallon of gas since the end of June! Everyone has been so thoughful in our time of need. The nurses at PCMC are incredible and I am so thankful for the amazing care that they gave to Dillon. We know that we have had miracles happen in the last couple of months, and prayers answered. Now the fun begins......

11 comments:

Kristie said...

Your baby boy is beautiful! He looks just like a Daw! I am so happy for you that he is home. It's funny how life's trials can really make us appreciate things like sitting up all night with our babies or having a naughty two year old. Good luck with everything!

hzaby said...

Congratulations on getting to bring Dillon home. I am so happy for you guys. It would have been so hard to have a baby in the hospital that long. I had Angelo in the hospital for three days with Jaundice and it was killing me. I am just so excited for you. Lots of love

Trish said...

Congrats! We are so happy for your family! xoxo

The Sorensen Family said...

YEA!!! I am so happy for you guys! I have been checking everyday hoping he would be home by today! Hope everything is going well for you guys. Let me know if we can do anything. He is adorable.

Kelly said...

Congrats on the big day! His expression in that car seat is so dang cute. Good luck-let the FUN begin!!

Jewels said...

What a good day! I'm so happy for you! Hopefully the nurses trained him to sleep through the night! :)

Kelie said...

I am so happy for you and your family! What a great day! We are thinking of you! Hope everyday gets better and better!

The Christensen Family said...

Yay! COngrats Al and Cam! So happy for your sweet family... I can't wait to meet Dillon in person - could he be any cuter?! Love you and are thinking of you!

chadandsydney said...

YYYEEEAAAHHH!!! I am so happy for you guys

Laurie said...

HURRAY!!! I am so happy for you guys!

GAYLE said...

You've been home a few days now. How's it going? I'm sure you're exhausted. Is Mason being demanding because he has to share you now? How much does Dillon weigh now? Grandma says he's so sweet looking but you were very tired. I'm just so glad he's home and hope all his troubles are behind you. XOXO

Who's Visited since September 2008