11.18.2007

Grandparents

Today and yesterday I have thought a lot about my 2 sets of grandparents. I guess it's because my Grandpa Daw is very sick with cancer. I am just so thankful to all 4 of them for all that they have taught me. They are so different but I love them each for different reasons. I have a lot of memories with my Grandpa and Grandma Daw. Trips to the family cabin & going on walks with Grandpa. He would always make us carry a walking stick and he would sing "I've been working on the railroad" and "She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes". I loved that so much. He is always so happy to see us and likes to kiss us right on the lips. He has been very sucessful in every aspect of his life. He started and ran a successful business and served two missions. Once as mission president in South Carolina and once as president of the MTC in the Philipines. My Grandma is sick as well, she has Alzheimers disease. This is the most horrible disease. It has been really hard to watch her slip from realty. She doesn't remember who I am anymore and that is really hard. She was such a good woman. She took care of everything. She was an amazing cook and always had presents for us on our birthdays and christmas. I love both of them so much.
My Grandpa and Grandma Westover are equally special to me. I have a lot of good memories with them. Every Christmas morning as long as I can remember they would fix us breakfast. It's something I'll always remember. My Grandpa is also one of the funniest guys around. He's a little rough around the edges and swears like a sailor and every so often he would offer us a beer even though he knows we don't drink. That is what makes him so great. My Grandma is a real sweetheart. She has a very tender heart and cares a lot about other people. I will always remember sleeping over at her house and her always having my favorite kinds of cereal because she knew I loved it! All 4 have been such great examples to me and I will love them forever!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I went and saw grandpa today...saddest thing of my life....they are such amazing people!

Abigail said...

I love grandpa...so much!

The Christensen Family said...

Cute Al...A sweet tribute to all of them...

Brittany said...

I am so, so sorry to hear about your grandpa. We love you guys and if you need anything please let us know.

Who's Visited since September 2008